Tula to St Petersburg
- Golden onion domes and icons of Tula
- High speed "Sapsan" train
- Opportunity to see the Bolshoi ballet
- Three nights at the Belmond Grand Europe Hotel
- St Petersburg Winter Palace
- Sightseeing in Moscow
- 11 days from £ 1,660pp
Series 3, Episode 1 Great Continental Railway Journeys. In this episode Michael Portillo travels through Russia, visiting the onion domes and icons of Tula and Moscow's Bolshoi Theatre, before exploring the city of St Petersburg.
Flight from London Heathrow to Moscow. Stay 1 night.
Transfer by train to the golden onion domes and icons of Tula. Stay 3 nights.
Day 3 & 4
Free days based in Tula. Visit the cathedrals and find out more about Tolstoy.
Return to Moscow by train, using the long distance service that started in Makhachkala and continues to St Petersburg. Stay 3 nights in Moscow.
Day 6 & 7
Free days based in Moscow. Perhaps a visit to the Bolshoi theatre, or maybe you would like to brave the Sanduny Baths.
Take a high speed "Sapsan" service to St Petersburg. Stay 3 nights based at the Belmond Grand Europe as used by Michael Portillo.
Day 9 & 10
Free days based in St Petersburg. Take time to visit the Winter Palace, as well as taking the train out to Tsar's village - Tsarskoye Selo.
Afternoon flight from St Petersburg to London Heathrow.
- Flights as specified
- Standard class travel as shown
- Meal on board the train from Tula to Moscow
- 10 hotel nights B&B in 3* hotels with en suite facilities throughout apart from St Petersburg which is 5*
- Transfer from airport to hotel in Moscow and from hotel to airport in St Petersburg
Price per person
From £1,660 per person sharing
Download your tour booking form here.